Tomorrow we head to Prague. The past week I have barely been able to catch my breath, I have blisters on my feet, and a horsefly bite on my leg that has caused some kind of necrotizing dermatitis (not sure if that is a real term, but it sure looks ugly.)
Our trip to Europe's Golden City is for the ladies: My mom, me, and the two girls. I am driving. According to Mapquest it should only take us two hours and fifty seven minutes to get there, but I must confess that I am absolutely TERRIFIED to drive in Prague. Not to mention all the stories I have heard from my friends about cars being stolen and purses getting snatched. And the Salzburg mugging is still fresh in my mind.
Honestly I've never dreamed of traveling to Czech Republic. It seems so foreign to me. It's not very far away from here, and yet they have a different language, currency, and power voltage. So I hope they will have a hair dryer in the room since mine won't work there. The last time I ran into this predicament I had to dry my hair by walking in half-circles back and forth in front of an oscillating fan. My hair eventually dried, but I looked like Chaka Kahn for the rest of the weekend.
The hotel has offered us a Segway tour, so I tried to envision the four of us riding Segways through the Golden City. In my vision, I rode my Segway off the Charles Bridge. Needless to say I think we will avoid Segways; I don't need one more thing to worry about.
Stay tuned...I will be back in two days to tell you all about it! Oh, and if you feel like saying a few prayers for our safety and well being, I'd really appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment